Preview Party: 6 pm to 9 pm, Thursday November 3, 2016
Auction & Party: 6 pm to 10 pm, Saturday November 5, 2016
Winter Street Studios: 2101 Winter Street, Houston, TX 77007
John E. Walsh, Jr., Director, Graduate Real Estate Program at University of Houston’s Bauer College of Business, is the chair of the 20th Annual Art on the Avenue, a two-night event attended by some 1,000 Houstonians. Showcasing the work of over 250 artists, Art on the Avenue supports local artists and Avenue CDC’s mission of building affordable homes and strengthening communities. We are pleased to announce that this year Jennie Ash, Visual Arts Director of Art League Houston, will be our guest juror.
At the Preview Party on Thursday, November 3, 2016, guests will have a first look at the art for auction and an opportunity to bid and purchase art prior to the Auction & Party on Saturday, November 5th.
Avenue CDC is dedicated to revitalizing Houston’s Northside community and to improving the lives of low- and moderate-income residents. Avenue CDC builds homes and communities where families thrive.
Art on the Avenue benefits Avenue CDC, raising funds for:
- Development of affordable single-family homes
- Development of quality affordable multi-family and senior rental housing
- Homebuyer education and counseling programs
- Community building and strengthening civic engagement
- After-school tutoring and recreational programs for residents of our rental communities